Tuesday 21 February 2012

Driving lessons

So for those of you who are interested in driving full time here in Vancouver you will have to get a B.C drivers licence.
If you are from the U.K you just get it changed at an ICBC office, however if you are from Ireland you have to sit the knowledge test which is $15 and once you have that part passed, and you also get an eye examination included, its recommended you get a few lessons before attempting the driving test.
My boyfriend is the one who is driving here, so once passing the knowledge test he contacted a guy called Hamed.
His website is  http://www.letsdrivesmart.com/  and his phone number is 604-992-4863.

For $60 you get an hour and a half lesson and you may not need too many. Sean had three before doing the test.
$90 gets you the car rental and 1 hour warm up before doing the test. You can book your test on line and you don't have to wait too long to get a date.
Hamed was recommended to Sean and he would highly recommend him for lessons, Hamed collects you from your home which is great and on the morning of Sean's driving test which was at 8 in the morning, Hamed was outside our house at 6.30 in the morning to do the pre-test. I couldn't imagine you would get that back home.

Its $35 for your driving test and once you pass you get your photo taken and your drivers licence :)

If you move from the address that is on your driving licence you can change your address on the ICBC website  and they will send you out a new one.

Just note that you have to sit the exams and pass the test within the first 3 months of arriving in Vancouver otherwise you may have to go through the learners programme of driving.

You don't need to have a B.C licence if you just want to hire a car to drive over the border or explore B.C.

So happy driving and good luck to anyone who will be sitting the driving test :)

15 comments:

  1. The post you written is very good and it entails many useful information for me about driving. I am happy to find your great way of writing the post. Now you make it easy for me to understand and implement the concept.
    Driving Lessons

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Hamed’s site is down. :( Is he still doing driving classes in your area? $60 may be a bargain, but it’s still not cheap, so you have to take each lesson seriously. I love the fact that Hamed fetches his student from home before the class. That certainly eases the tension that almost every driving newbie experiences. Thanks for sharing this to us, Tracey!

    Mia Patch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really? Hamed extends his services by picking up his students on their houses? I’m sure he’s a popular choice because of this additional services. I feel sorry that his website is no longer active. I’m also wondering whether his driving school is still open.


    -Marvis Carswell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for this post! It is a really enjoyable read! I have been wanting to find a driver license in Vancouver, and this has given me a lot of good information!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for giving good information about driving. Driving is the controlled operation and movement of a land vehicle, such as a car, truck or bus.I really appreciate your writing, I will definitely suggest this blog to my friends and other people too..........
    Driving Lessons

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very amazed by the information of this blog and i am glad i had a look over the blog. thank you so much for sharing such great information.
    driving schools in college park

    ReplyDelete
  7. here lots of information

    http://econtactguide.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. What Vancouver driving school did you go to to learn? I need to get my son in a driving school, I don't want to drive him around anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, I was very inspired to discover this website. The explanation becoming that this is this sort of an useful submit. I needed to thank you for this insightful read of the subject.
    driving classes in md
    Driving schools in College park MD

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm amazed, I have to say. Really rarely ever do I face a blog that's equally educative and entertaining, and enable me notify you, you might have hit the nail on the head. Your concept is excellent the issue is something that not sufficient people are talking intelligently about. I am very joyful that I stumbled throughout this in my look for for some thing referring to this.
    driving classes in md
    Driving schools in College park MD

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with the content mentioned in this post. Good driving is essential to pas sthe test in Vancouver!
    road test lessons vancouver

    ReplyDelete
  12. Time isn't important without life so Drive Safely.
    We are a leading Ventura County Driving School
    Offering Behind The Wheel Driving Lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah nice Work, full of great Info… This is one amongst the most Amazing Site Dude…
    http://www.cheapdrivinglessonsinlondon.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. It’s very informative post. Passers hub driving school Manchester thanks to you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete